mercredi 16 octobre 2013

Museum of Fine Arts Boston: Interview of Marcela, a gallery guard (Quynh)

Today in the museum of fine arts, Pontonniers students had chance to create their own piece of art. But we didn't do it alone, we had so much help from Marcela, a gallery guard of the museum. At the end of our activity, I had a little talk with her.
_How long have you been working here?
  I've been working here for 1 year. Before that I was a teacher for 19 years in a school of art
_Do you have some others activities beside your work in this museum?
  Yes, I do. I have my own studio and I paint. I have 3 paintings which exhibits now in Chelsea gallery.
_What is art for you?
  For me, art is a creation, it's like a mathematical problem that I have to resolve. When I find an idea, I look for the different ways to show that idea. Sometimes when it doesn't really work, I keep looking for it until when the painting fits my thought, feeling and intention.
_What is your artistic style?
  It's abstract and realism. I'm a visiual person, so I usually paint, combine what I see and combine the different kinds of shapes. At the moment, I'm working on repeating motifs.
_How long does it take you to finish a painting?
  It usually takes me 3 months.
_Thank you very much for your help. I really hope that you will be successful in your artistic career.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire