vendredi 11 octobre 2013

Interview of a "real" settler on board of the Mayflower 2 by Aurelien Pasteau :p

Inside the mayflower, I saw a woman who was dressed and spoke just like a settler. She was answering to people's questions, so I decided to ask her a few questions.
Her name was Doliphie and she told me we were in 1620 and the boat had just arrived on the coast of the new world. It's only at that moment that I understood she was playing the role of a settler.

What are you doing here and do you like it?

I am a passenger of the mayflower and I'm glad to have reached America. This situation is different from the ones I've been used to live and is also very difficult.

How were the life conditions on board of the mayflower 2?

We had very bad life conditions during the trip: it was dark, cold, wet and there were like 100 people on the same deck. Beds were layout everywhere on the ground and there was no place anymore. The hygiene was also very bad during the whole trip.

How long did it take to sail from Europe to here?

It took us something like two months.

Why did you choose to leave Europe and to begin a new life?

People told me there were a lot of opportunities in America. I will have a new land that I will be glad to give to my future children.


After this last question, she said me good bye and I left.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire